View Single Post
Unread 02-21-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutekawaii View Post
I understand that this is to discourage people opening up a resale business, but does this mean we can't sell pre-made (by the seller) cosplay items either?
Correct - no new/pre-made items are allowed - and this is a decision based on one very important thing. There are dozens of resellers who would start flooding the classifieds with hundreds of advertisements each, which defeats the purpose. I would literally have to bring someone in full-time just to watch the marketplace at that point, and that's useless when the marketplace is designed to be a 100% free place to advertise.

The only way around this is a blanket rule. Unfortunately it catches a few genuine people in the mix who just want to post a couple of pre-made items every month. But my point is that in a situation where anyone can post pre-made items, your items will fall down the list faster than a photo does on our photo page. And that's no good for anyone.

I'll probably eventually come up with a way around this, but the goal is to first get the marketplace running again.