View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #17
Pilot
Transform and roll out!

1. Do you cosplay as certain characters from the book/the movies, or do you have an OC?

I like playing generic, "crewman #6" types, because to me, the common soldiers were the real heroes in the stories. Besides... that way, you don't have to look exactly like any one character. ^^
Aside from that, I do have an extremely developed OC, Narthas of Gondolin, and should very much like to cosplay him someday.

2. What got you into the fandom and when did you start cosplaying from it?

I have to say it was the movies that got me into the fandom, and the movies that got me into costuming as well... I went to go see RotK dressed as a Helm's Deep Elf.

3. The movies - what do you think? Great inspiration or totally off?

Fabulous. There are a few things that I nitpick at though, like the impracticality of some of the Elves' armor, but other than that I think it is a great resource and should be considered as canonical as it can get.

4. Any particular race (Elf, Hobbit, Man...) you prefer cosplaying? Why?

I've got two Elf costumes and one Ithilien Ranger costume, but I've had plenty of wanting to do much more from the realm of men. I associate with them the most (being one myself), Gondor in particular. I'd love to make a Haradrim costume, though, redo my ranger costume, and perhaps come up with something that a soldier of Dol Amroth would wear.
Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote