View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2008, 11:26 PM   #50
stefaniecat
Camera Cat

Heh, I started the thread... finally decided what I wanted

1) What Machine do you own?
Kenmore 16221

2) when did you purchase it/how old is it?
Last weekend, so its one week old. Bought on sale for $169. (regular $199) so used the savings to get the 2 year warranty, and a spare set of bobbins and needles.

3) How much sewing experience do you have?
I'm a competent sewer of simple things, can follow a pattern and improvise a bit. Been sewing on machines since home economics classes in 8th grade and with my grandma, but I'm no expert.
Even the simplest looking baby blanket can be frustrating since sewing straight through cotton batting is a pain...

4) what do you like most about the machine?
It met my basic requirements: c. $200 with straight and zig zag stitches, detachable arm, drop in bobbin, and can theoretically handle denim weight fabrics. I wanted a simple machine, but not the low end model.

Popped it open when I got home, was threading the needle and winding the bottom and stitching stuff in minutes... so it meets all my requirements.

5) what do you not like?
Well, they can always be quieter.... and I'd much prefer vertical thread over the horizontal feed.

6) Would you recommend your machine to a fellow cosplayer?

So far, so good. Its a simple machine to operate, and I think I made a good choice for my sewing needs. Anyone with similar sewing needs would probably be very happy with this machine.
stefaniecat is offline   Reply With Quote