View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #57
Honey Usagi-chi

1) What Machine do you own? Include the maker and model number please!
JC Penney Retail #: 6976 Catalogue #: 868-4144

2) when did you purchase it/how old is it?

My mother bought it in the late 80s when my sister was born, she sewed her baby clothes.

3) How much sewing experience do you have? (how long sewing, how advanced your projects are)
I've been sewing for a year and have had some projects in theatre to do in the costuming area. I wouldn't quite say I'm a beginner but I'm not advanced either. I've worked with very different aspects of sewing though ^_^;

4) what do you like most about the machine?

It's tough, the components are made of metal and the exterior too. I could probably kill someone with it >.>; I dropped it before on my way to a sewing meet for the TexPlex, it worked just fine afterwards. I can also turn off the light, which helps because it gets the top really hot. It's sewed through some heavy stuff and can go realllllly fast.

5) what do you not like?

My mom lost the manual, and I found it online but I don't really want to pay for it. And I'm not sure which kinds of needles or other presser feet will fit into it, so I'll have to take it in to those sewing world thingies. When I first started out with the machine, you have to get the hook to start at the top anytime you begin or end a stitch. I found it tedious at first, but it's now a thoughtless habit.

6) Would you recommend your machine to a fellow cosplayer?

If you find it, absolutely! It has the basics, straight stitch, zig zag, reverse option, and stitch lengths. It also has some other stitches (like those weird ones you use for scalloping, a few serger-esque looking ones) but I haven't had the need to use it yet. It's really easy to thread too, and the bobbin is more convenient since if there's a tangle you can just take the bobbin out. You just need to get used to it (Maybe you don't, but I started out hand sewing so it was definitely strange)
Honey Usagi-chi is offline   Reply With Quote