View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2008, 01:10 PM   #2
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

I'm a bit biased, but IMO if you're nuts about making costumes it's the BEST CON EVAR.

It's all costumes, all the time. Some features:

- multiple masquerades (regular sci-fi/fantasy/everything else masquerade, historical masquerade, single pattern competition, fashion design runway show and competition)
- awesome themed parties every night
- almost everyone is in fantastic costumes 24/7
- tons of really interesting panels and workshops (this past year included lacemaking, hatmaking, electronics for costumes, leatherworking, movable wings, Chinese Opera costumes, sari-wearing, Elizabethan costume, and lots more).

There's also various tours before and after the con (usually Thursday and/or Monday/Tuesday), to local attractions and fabric stores.

CC is seriously my favourite convention. Everybody is so fun and friendly and very welcoming to new faces. It's fairly small, so there's a real community feel, and it's fairly low-key and relaxing despite everybody rushing to get their costumes done for the various masquerades. XD

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote