View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #39
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirotighta View Post
Wonderful! I was so afraid that I was only supposed to wear blouses that go all the way up to my neck. That necklace in the picture is very special to me and I wear it almost every moment of my life, even in the shower, and I like to have it showing.

While we're on the subject of things you can wear "rather than," I was wondering - is there anything to wear other than knee-high stockings? I feel like they make my calfs look fat, lol. I've read before that it's okay to wear tights - is this true? and what about very fancy socks that go to about mid-calf? (I have a couple pairs that came from a victorian-themed magazine, it has a knitted ruffle topper on either sock.)

Thanks for showing how much fabric is needed! I sure hope I got enough... about how many feet/yards of fabric would you say that would take?
Tights are totally fine, they're nice in the winter so your legs don't get as cold! Brands do make shorter socks, like the ones on the girl on the far left in this ad: http://www.avantgauche.co.uk/glb9/22.jpg They're not as common, and I'm not too fond of them personally, but they do exist.
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote