1) What Machine do you own? Brother LS-2125i
2) when did you purchase it/how old is it? 3 years
3) How much sewing experience do you have? I've been sewing off and on since I was about 11, but most of it was by hand or my cousin's (similar) machine until I broke down and bought my own.
4) What do you like most about the machine? It works well for light-medium weight polyester/cotton blend fabrics--the other day, it went through about four plus layers of fleece and stuffing for a hat. The needles are pretty sturdy--in all the stuff I've done with it, as much as it's been moved and abused, it's only ever broken one needle. (These things can survive a 6 hour car trip, no box and needle still in!)
5) What do you not like? Until I figured out how to tightly wind a bobbin with it, it constantly wasted large amounts of thread. It also hates upholstery/coat thread, and sometimes if your tension is off, it tangles horribly. They're kind of a love/hate sort of thing.
6) Would you recommend your machine to a fellow cosplayer?
If you've had experience with the brand, go for it. I'm still going to eventually upgrade to the Singer model that my friend has. And if you're going to try and sew pleather or leather, sorry. You'd have to have a different one. Brothers don't do pleather.
Last edited by Yuko : 02-25-2010 at 01:39 PM.