View Single Post
Unread 04-20-2009, 09:00 AM   #1245
instantkarma
Never hardcore!

Name of Commissioner: cosplaycommish/cosplaymandy

Website/C.com gallery: http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Two costumes - one Riza Hawkeye, one Roy Mustang, both from Fullmetal Alchemist. They were the full military uniforms, minus the boots, undershirts, wig and Black Hayate. ^__^

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8&id=904810566

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Oh, goodness, not that long...about a month and a half to two months? It didn't seem like that long, anyway.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Mandy was a very nice person to work with. Her communication was good, but in my opinion it lagged a little. Of course, that could just be due to the fact that I was a little paranoid about being scammed. Her prices were pretty reasonable, but just a tad on the expensive side (something like $280 for both costumes), but the materials were high-quality. She especially did a great job with the detailing on the costumes as far as the military bars and stars - she even sent two pairs of Mustang's gloves, which I thought was neat since I didn't assume we were getting them.

The only problem I had was with the pants and "skirt" for both costumes - they were both far too big and I had to resize all of them before the convention. I don't know whether the problem was with my measurements or with her sewing, but either way, thankfully I know my way around a sewing machine for the most part. Otherwise, they looked great and we got a ton of compliments.

Final Grade: I would say a B, or if I can't just say a straight B, then probably a B-. If I need another commission at some point, I will probably work with her again, but resizing the pants and skirts was kind of a pain.
instantkarma is offline   Reply With Quote