View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2009, 10:16 AM   #1330
ladylada
Stark Raving Sane

I'll probably be doing a bunch of these over the next week or so, as everything comes in.

Name of Merchant: Wigs-Us (user wfp-wigs on ebay)

Item purchased:Silver Men's Wig

Links to picture(s) of your received item: (Will post when I have them)

Timeline (how long your order took to process): 5 days from order to arrival

Experience: I ordered the above wig from them for an Akihiko cosplay on Monday. The next day, I get an e-mail from them stating that the wig is out of stock, but they can offer a color or style replacement at no additional charge. I opted for the style replacement, asking them to please find as similar a style as they could.

While waiting for the wig to arrive, I noticed something strange: despite the fact that the merchant knew they were out of stock of that particular wig, the listing stayed up, with the stock listed as 4. This makes me wonder how many other listings they have like that.

At any rate, the substitution arrived yesterday morning. The wig itself is fairly thick, but the color's off--a dingy grey as opposed to a silver-white. The style is longer than the one pictured, though it should work with a little trimming.

Final Grade: B-. Would be higher, but the listing staying up after they became aware they were out of stock worries me. I probably would not purchase from them again, as I like to know what I'm getting. However, it could just be a fluke. Their prices are decent, shipping is quick, and communication was good.