View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2009, 01:57 AM   #370
NinjaSquirrel
The Ninja Squirrel

@Knuzxie: All I can say is that for the Witch's claws, some cosplayer used latex gloves actually to make it blend to the skin in a way. All I've seen so far people have made their claws out of cardboard, and spray-painted. I would recommend asking PikminLink who I have seen so far, with amazing work. Ask her.

Though I am going to be making claws in the future myself, and this is what I've came up. Getting the right color gloves and then using foam, crafts foam, and make somewhat a triangle cone, and having a copper wire in it, to reinforce it, so it won't be flimsy. Basically hot gluing each of the foams onto the fingers of the gloves, with the copper wiring in it, and voila. Thats what I've thought of so far.

@Flay: I don't think you should go all out so much on the mask with balloons. It would make it more realistic while poking at the welts, but its up to you. I've made my friend's smoker mask and I made it with the plastic masks (Jabbowokeez ring a bell?) and cut it at a certain portion, then hot gluing foam balls, which I cut in half to make the warts. And cutting the foam balls in half, doubles your amount of foam balls.

@Hurraz: I really can't wait to see your Zoey Best of luck.

Future Cons:
-Tekkoshocon '10
-SacAnime Summer '10
NinjaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote