View Single Post
Unread 09-28-2009, 06:53 PM   #1400
Kirakishou7
Youtube: iwuvmyblankey

Name of Commissioner: Fantasy Props

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.fantasyprops.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Yuna's summoner staff and Rikku's twin blades.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: In my profile.

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Commissioned July 26th and finished/delivered September 17th, made it within the deadline for NYAF 2009.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

Pros
: Fantasy props is very friendly, timely in emails and works with you. Plus I got my prop in time for NYAF 2009! I actually bought the Rikku props from another cosplayer through the marketplace who comissioned from the same guy, very well made, extremely detailed and sturdy, they look so good, I was impressed. The Yuna staff I commissioned myself through the website. He charged me a total of $250 for the staff. I sent $50 as down payment to get started. I requested the staff to be made in three pieces, collapsible, so I could carry it on the plane as a carry on luggage and not spend the $20 bucks to send it down below. When I got the staff, it was very well made, sturdy, and gorgeous, very detailed! I was amazed. I love it. Though, it was only in two pieces and I panicked, not thinking I could take it onto the plane, since this is my first time I would travel with a prop. I emailed him about this, he apologized about the mix up and gave me a detailed email about how to make it into three pieces myself or other alternatives I could use. I did not have any money and was afraid to split it myself, since I spent it all planning for NYAF and did not get paid again till the day of the convention, so he refunded me $20 dollars so I could buy a fishing pole case that he said I could take on the plane and even offered to fix the staff for free when I came back if I wanted. I was able to carry the staff thank goodness as a carry on in the end. Though the fishing pole case cost me $28 with tax (I borrowed the 8 bucks hahaha), the cheapest I could find, but it did work. Worked so well, I decided to keep it in two pieces and not have him split it again. All in all, I will commision from him again for more difficult props, as I am happy with his work.

Cons: A bit pricey. But still good prices in the end compared to other prop makers, especially with his quality.

Final Grade: A+

Last edited by Kirakishou7 : 09-28-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Kirakishou7 is offline   Reply With Quote