View Single Post
Unread 09-29-2009, 02:21 AM   #1402
4ng31
meh.

Name of Commissioner: LimeBarb

Website/C.com gallery: www.limebarb.com

Character commissioned and series: Originally Kuja (FFIX), was returned and had them make Izanagi (P4) instead.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/161383/

Timeline: Re-Order placed late May/early June, received the costume on July 17th.

Pros: As with all my Barb costumes, the fit is perfect. Jacket and pants were made from quality material as well.

Cons: Okay...

Originally I contacted her about having a Kuja costume from FF9 done...this was sometime last year I believe. The costume was finished and sent to me...it was...a disaster in my opinion. I wrote back expressing my dislike for basically all of it (the costume was very rushed...just, not good overall), and how to settle it. After a few e-mails, we came to the agreement that I would send it back, and she would make me another costume equal to the value of this one plus 100 refund. I asked if she would personally do the construction on this one, as I believe the last was rushed by someone under her. She agreed and we exchanged some more e-mails back and fourth about cons and such.

Comments: Through-out the "remake" process, we exchanged a few e-mails discussing upcoming conventions and such. She has always been very professional with me, and that's something I respect. The Izanagi costume fits perfect...this is something LimeBarb does excellent...fitment. The coat and pants both use a quality fabric choice, and the colors they chose are good. The trim is a little interesting, but it's also fairly confusing in the art, so it's understandable. the zipper had to have a few stitches added back to the top of it, but a very minor and easy fix (which is something I've learned over the years...there's always something I'm gonna wanna change/fix from commissions).

Final Grade: B