View Single Post
Unread 03-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #1527
broken_rei_134
Look For Me At Sakura-con

Name of Commissioner: Nic or JD - Cosplay.com Username: JDscosplay
Website/C.com gallery: http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/JDscosplay/
Character commissioned & series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Touka Kureha from Shining Tears X Wind (Ordered everything except the boots, ordered the straps above the boots, and the weapon, bow.)
Reference picture: http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/JDscosplay/ToukaKureha.jpg
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item:
http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss111/JDscosplay/DSC0288.png
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Ordered my costume January 23, 2010 & needed it to be completed by mid-March. (Was completed on time and shipped to me, I received my costume a week and a half before the convention)
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Pros: JD was pleasure to work with. He responded to my PM for a quote in the same day. He also kept great communication with me and promptly responded to all of my emails/PMs. He made sure to answer and address any of my questions or concerns. And his price was definitely reasonable and it included shipping. I had chosen him because of his obvious attention to detail, as seen in his photobucket gallery. I had concerns that my costume wouldn’t come out as I expected because I have high standards (slightly OCD). But upon receiving my costume, I came to find out that it exceeded my standards and I am very pleased with it. The stitching is tight and exact, the materials used breathe easily, it is made very accurate to the picture with no defects that I could find, and best of all it fits! The colors of the costume match the colors of the picture quite well. I received all of the items I requested at the same time in the same package (even the headband and the ties for the sleeves and the boots, which arent pictued). The costume was sent in a timely fashion and arrived a week and a half before the convention, which is what I had planned on. I will post an update after the convention to let everyone know how the costume held up.

Comments: I look forward to commissioning JD again. I had fun working with him and hope he stays around cosplay.com for a long time. If you have high standards and want a detailed outfit, JD is definitely the one to go to. JD’s payment policy is, a 50% deposit is paid upfront and the rest of the payment should be paid when the order is complete.

UPDATE: The costume held up great at the con. I'm definitely the kind of person who puts her costumes to the test with my wild moves and rampage on the Vendors' Hall. I had 6 people take my picture and complimented me on the costume (no one else knew who I was or what anime I was from!). It also held up great against the body/clothing tape i used to help keep the strapless top up. All in all, I am still very happy with my costume.

Final Grade: A +

Sakura-Con 2010 Cosplay
Touka Kureha from Shining Tears X Wind

Last edited by broken_rei_134 : 04-11-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Update About Costume Durability
broken_rei_134 is offline   Reply With Quote