View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2010, 08:33 AM   #1549
IAmTheMurderer
ಠ_ಠ

Name of Commissioner: Cosplaycommish/Cosplaymandy
Website/C.com gallery: http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/
Character commissioned: Carly Nagisa from Yugioh 5Ds, her regular outfit which included the best, shirt and fanny pack.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/793/dscf7168.jpg
Timeline: First payment was the 7th of February, just received the costume today, April 12th.
Describe your Experience: Absolutely phenomenal. I haven't commissioned since the one time way back in '05 or '06 when Rain Miko never came through so I was a little edgy about commissioning through anyone again. However, I don't have the space to really sew properly at the moment. I liked the looks of her other commissions and everyone in this thread had given her good reviews so I ran with it.
The price was kind of hefty I thought for a vest, shirt and fanny pack. I don't regret it though now that I have the costume in hand. Everything is finished beautifully. The vest is lined, all seams are finished and no stray threads anywhere. The shirt is even surged on the hems! The pockets in the vest are even really pockets and there's a zipper as well, which is a very nice detail touch. The fanny pack isn't done cheaply either and I really appreciate how she did the fastener on that, a buckle rather than just a snap or something else that could some undone easily.

Also I should take the moment to mention that I am plus sized. It was one of my concerns when commissioning because I am on the larger end of the spectrum and the one thing I have the hardest time with is finding things where the upper arms are comfortable on me. Since this is a vest and a top, I was especially nervous and included that measurement as well. She came through with flying colors on this and the top and vest not only fit very comfortably and allow me to move in ease, the top itself even hits me just right on the waist. So if you're a plus sized person, I really recommend her. I allowed for a few inches here and there in my measurements and that turned out just perfect.

I already have plans to go back to her next year for a couple of different costumes. :3

Final Grade: A+
IAmTheMurderer is offline   Reply With Quote