View Single Post
Unread 04-24-2010, 04:53 AM   #1558
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoriStarfire View Post
Name of Commissioner: Sam (Taeliac Studios)
Website/C.com gallery: www.beanime.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.) Ciel Phantomhive. Everything except for the wig. http://www.onemanga.com/Kuroshitsuji/8/01/
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: none. Costume never made.
Timeline (how long your order took to process):
I e-mailed her August 29. I heard back in 3 days, but she said she would love to make it and she had questions and therefore I did not receive a quote. I responded the same day and I never heard back from her. So I sent another e-mail after waiting a week. And then waiting 2 weeks. I got an extremely rude e-mail on October 17 from her husband, Chris telling me how busy she was this time of year (around Halloween.) and to send an e-mail after October 31st and to have more patience. (I still had no quote, mind you.) I waited 2 weeks after Halloween and sent the e-mail. No response. I waited 3 more weeks and sent another e-mail on 12/6. No response. I sent my last e-mail April 23 telling them that I was taking my business elsewhere. I never received a quote.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.
Cons:
WORST customer service I have ever experienced with anyone, ever. Obviously the commissioner didn't care at all about the commission even after I was told she wanted to make it. They used the fact that I didn't need the costume immediately as an excuse to not respond to my e-mails at all. While I understand she got busy, I find it hard to believe that neither of them check their e-mail once a day or once every other day.
Pros: She has a pretty website and nice tutorials on dA which is why I went to her.
Final Grade: F-
It may just be my personal opinion, but I don't think you can give a rating based solely on the fact that you never received a quote.

The fact that she did start communication yet neglected to complete it is a bit troublesome, but I don't think it ranks on the same scale as, say, if you'd paid for an item and then never heard back from her.

But this is just my two cents. What's your ruling on this, Kanira?

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote