View Single Post
Unread 04-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
Mesoian
I Can't Be Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToroSonyCat View Post
I think its unfair to base a judgement on all Hetalia cosplayers just because a few idiots did something wrong at a photoshoot.

I'll never understand how people have the nerve to do these things though, I couldn't ever do it. (I wouldn't want to though either, of course)

However I do think that the flag thing that people are mentioning is a complete overreation. The thing is that these ARE props for cosplay and I don't see any disrespect in placing them on the floor.

And there's your problem. You're forgetting that cosplay does not supercede the real world during public events. it's just like people who use live steal for swords or real guns as props, they are still items of interest and need to be treated as such, whether you're planning on using them in their intended manner or not.

Honestly, I don't understand why so many cosplayers are having a problem understanding this, especially lately.

You might love some characters in Hellsing, but some characters in Hellsing are Nazis, and wear nazi paraphellia. So if you do that to, and you walk around in a place with a high jewish population, EXCEPT TROUBLE!!!

And yes, placing flags down on the ground may seem like less of an offense. But to a lot of people in the armed forces or people with a strong sense of nationalism, dropping a flag (placing it on the floor) is a sign of disrespect or unrest. Technically, there's never supposed to be a time where the american flag is lying on the ground except at a military funeral.

But most Hetalia cosplayers don't get that because the only reason they're cosplaying from it in the first place is because it's cute and oh some of the boys might be gay and their hot so it's awesome :(

It's all about common sense people, paired with a little research.

Of course this day and age, I rarely expect cosplayers to do or have little of either.

~Well If It Ain't Finally a Question That's Worth Answering~
Mesoian is offline   Reply With Quote