Thread: Pandora Hearts
View Single Post
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #209
hack7oriole
Herpderp.

@ Raelet:
The satin for the purple shirt sounds great! The only thing is, some satins are really thin and look sloppy, but if you get something nice, it will look amazing!! <3

For the coat: I think white pleather would make the most amazing Break coat ever - but if you're sewing it without a machine, I do not wish the fate of sewing pleather upon you!! Your hand might die D:

I recommend something heavy, to contrast the light satin of the purple shirt. I see his coat as something thick, so I'd say twill or something similar to canvas. If you don't want to spend too much money - I swear tablecloths are the best thing since sliced bread. I'm making Oz's red artbook coat out of a red tablecloth with embroidered red roses, and it worked out SO well. You'd have to do some measuring, but I think 2 or so standard tablecloths would be enough 8D

Attaching the sleeves: I have always wondered that myself! I think velcro could work - it would be really easy to take the coat off and put it back on that way. For Emily, magnets sound like a great idea, but I don't think I'd trust them to hold up the entire coat xD

Also, if you have a Fabricland near you, they're having a buy 1 get two free sale; basically on most fabric, if you buy one metre, you get two for free. >: D