View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2010, 03:22 PM   #56
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

I knew there was already an LotR thread on here somewhere :3

So, I wanna answer the questions in the first post since I have that kind of time:

1. Do you cosplay as certain characters from the book/the movies, or do you have an OC?
First I had an OC. I might post her backstory and outline on here when/if I feel like it :3 Now I want to cosplay Arwen in her coronation dress. Green normally looks hideous on me, but I think a pale, sea foam green will work. And the fact that I've found awesome tutorials and references on that dress don't hurt either ^_^

2. What got you into the fandom and when did you start cosplaying from it?
I won't lie. The movies. I'm still in love with them despite not having read the books yet (I can only take so much of Tolkien describing the hobbits walking around a tree before I need something else to stay awake), and the costumes were simply stunning. A lot of love went into those films and it's evident from the final products. My OC will be my first cosplay from the series, and Arwen will (hopefully) be my second. One of my dreams is to cosplay the Mouth of Sauron, though -daydreams- Maybe I can paint my horse and get some action shots on horseback -daydreams even harder-

3. The movies - what do you think? Great inspiration or totally off?
I love them. I don't care what anyone says. Even if they're off from the books, it's going to happen. A lot of things need to be cut for pacing, a lot of things are going to change for continuity/budget/script reasons. Hey, at least it's not like Queen of the Damned -shudders-

4. Any particular race (Elf, Hobbit, Man...) you prefer cosplaying? Why?
The Elves. A minor part of me likes them because I was once told I had very Elf-like qualities (stfu, I thought it was a nice compliment ), and the major reason I want to cosplay them is because I aspire to be like them in a way, if that doesn't make me sound completely insane. Think about it: they're beautiful, long-lived, excellent warriors, concerned about the greater good and the world around them, a wonderful sense of community is ingrained in their societies, and they're tall and have kickin' wardrobes XD

Anyway, what I'd really like to be able to do is have a full set of all the female's outfits since there's only three in the whole damn series XD And come up with a set for my OC as well
Stormraven24 is offline   Reply With Quote