Unread 05-21-2010, 04:45 AM   #1590
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Alice Forest
Item purchased: Mud Gold Wolf Swing Layer wig
Photos: coming soon
Timeline: Two weeks (within Japan)
Final Grade: A

I bought this wig at a small discount through otamap, a Kansai-based warehouse that acts as a sort of middleman between cosplayers and a number of different dealers, allowing them to purchase from multiple merchants at a time. The wig was initially out-of-stock, but Otamap let me know almost immediately that the shipment would be delayed and was prompt with letting me know when it would arrive.

The wig was shipped in a gorgeous embossed gift-box. Inside the box, the wig is wrapped in an equally gorgeous drawstring bag, then is bundled inside a wig net with tissue paper fill in the hollow of the wig. The wig arrived smooth, untangled and as-pictured on the website. The color is stunning. This is the most beautifully dyed, styled and specific wig I own. I purchased it for my Konoe costume and it is every bit as perfect as it looked online. The style and coloring isn't a common one though, so reusing it for other characters is pretty unlikely.

This sort of quality comes as a price though. Alice Forest wigs are murder to buy!! 4,800 yen on sale is by no means cheap for a non-heat-resistant, non-character-styled wig in a short/medium style. I'm tempted to say it's worth it... but honestly, I might just be dazzled by the pretty packaging.

Site photos are 100% representative of actual colors and styles. Alice Forest wigs LOOK like heat resistant wigs but style like non-resistant ones. The wig holds more volume and is more resistant to flyaways while having a more muted finish. I DIG that ~ since I actually prefer styling non-resistant wigs. But others might be disappointed not to be able to play with heat-styling or at the rougher feel of the wig fibers.

The order was shipped with a free flesh-toned wig cap.

This is my first Alice Forest wig ... and probably my last. Even so, I'm going to wear the hell out of it and be very pleased with myself whenever I do :3

I used COD (collect-on-delivery) and recommend this method especially if your Japanese isn't particularly up-to-snuff. You only need to pay the postman when he arrives.

Alice Forest currently only ships within Japan but you may be able to order their products through finders' services or overseas-auction handlers for a commission. They also have and "english" language tag that can't currently be accessed, but implies they may eventually expand to overseas business.

Final Grade: A

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 05-21-2010 at 04:50 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote