View Single Post
Unread 05-23-2010, 09:36 PM   #1592
Saki Ree
LETS REV IT UP! :3

Name of Commissioner: Cosplay House

Website/C.com gallery:
http://www.cosplayhouse.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Costume: Miku Hatsune, Vocaloid

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: This is what I wanted: [link], obviously made out of vinyl-like material, very flair-y and awesome looking. And this is what I got: [link], obviously made out of satin--all satin, nothing like the picture, WAY too long D: (Gloves: [link]
)
Timeline (how long your order took to process):
Maybe a month or two? Maybe 3? I honestly don't remember. I got it last year and iddn't do this until now XD

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments: Well, the costume was originally $120, but with the 70 percent off, it was $70, I think. however, the shipping was $30 friggen dollars! D: So it went up to $100.
I was so excited--I looked at the picture all the time and I couldn't wait for it to come in the mail.
However, when it did, finally, I was very disappointed. It was made out of silk-y satin. It wasn't made out of vinyl or whatever the picture was made out of. >.< It was hella long, and the top had to be for people with humungo boobs cuz it was really big. I swear, it had to be a Large and they just smacked a Small tag on there. D: The skirt measurements were WAY too small. It hid my bellybutton cuz that's where it would fit. A few things broke the day I got it (the tie, so I had to handsew it: [link], and another thing fell off, but I have no idea what the hell it is.
I was very disappointed--$100 dollars wasted. D: I did wear it to a con, though, to make my mom happy. XD

Final Grade: F
For plagiarism on the photo, material not even relatively CLOSE to the photo (plagiarized or not), pieces falling apart, and measurements.
However, I will give it an F instead of an F-, because the majority of the sewing was good.

AnimeNEXT 2011:
Judai Yuki - YuGiOh GX
WRGP!Bruno - YuGiOh 5Ds
Edward Elric - Fullmetal Alchemist

My DeviantART: *click*

Last edited by Saki Ree : 05-23-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Saki Ree is offline   Reply With Quote