View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #110
RogueMimzy
back after a hiatus~

Alright, guys, in the end we're all just a bunch of nerds running around being nerdy together. Seriously! Costuming/cosplay elitism has been running rampant recently and I just don't get it. I also don't see the point in putting other people's costumes down, whether it's the same outfit you're wearing, same series, different series, or something completely different altogether. Not everyone has $500 and hundreds of hours and all the skill sets to put a costume together. Therefore, not everyone is going to be on the same level.

What is completely stupid is being sneered at because you're wearing something cybergoth/punk. It's kinda like "oh... you cosplay from THAT series?" It's not middle school! I've always gone to conventions to hang out with friends and have fun, and I don't see how harassing other people is fun, though that just might be me. To not have the panel accepted (back on page 1) was a fault of the convention. I'm sure they had some non-anime related panels hidden in there somewhere.

Honestly, if everyone started getting picky... it would just be silly. I become a very happy nerd to see Jedi running around my anime cons, and anime vampires with huge guns/swords running around my comic cons. I guess there will always be elitist people trying to push others down, but in the end we are all just NERDS IN COSTUMES. Maybe very expensive, intricate, and ornate costumes, but costumes all the same. People need to just calm down =\
See you at Miraicon | CPAC | Connecticon | Otakon | NYCC | Derpycon
facebook
RogueMimzy is offline   Reply With Quote