View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2010, 08:43 AM   #3
ashelia89
Visiting Gran Pulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakurairis View Post
I personally don't think it's a good idea unless you have a particular cosplay you're going after.
I second this ,it also depends on when/where you cosplay..i dont think theres a way people could cosplay anything WW2 related here in Germany without getting into big trouble unless they were filming a real movie/documentary without approval of the goverment *if im wrong anyone correct me on this* [Nazi propaganda and items are BANNED and considered ILLEGAL over here,im not a natural resident of Germany]

I used to think the idea of cosplaying as both allies and axis would have been cool in my teenage years*I once dressed up inspired by the axis no insignias or helmets mind you,for comedy relief at home,probably 8 yrs before moving here to Germany, to make my family laugh...they were not amused...i got the hint too and felt insanely stupid/retarded for even thinking it might have ever been funny

but thats changed drastically for a number of reasons...

I dont agree with my teenage self on this anymore,not unless I had a real valid reason or a specific series*

I grew up and later on understood that its a very sensitive time period,its not your "play soldier" type of get up,you're bound to offend people and a lot of them will question why you would even want to do such a thing

and finally I got married to someone in the military...not the same war obviously,but I can't explain the level of sensitivity I have towards watching anything related to wars these days,back when I was single I loved learning about all the wars and understanding them...but that changed...having my husband deploy and see how the war changed him struck a heavy chord in me...I see military uniforms in a whole new light because of this...

I think theres folks out there who dress up and theres people who re enact as either or...
It might seem like theyre just uniforms but they carry a lot of history in them...the insignias all right down to how they wore them and the stories they tell alone by the way there all put together...

thats just my 2 cents...

so in the long run my answer is...if i have a specific series with a real purpose ...
The Hume's ever skew history's weave. With haste they move through too-short lives. Driven to err by base desires, towards waste and wasting on they run. Undying, we Occuria light the path for wayward sons of man. Oft did we pass judgment on them so that Ivalice might endure. Eternal, we are hist'ry's stewards, to set the course and keep it true. The chosen is our hand - our fist - to let live some and to crush the rest.
ashelia89 is offline   Reply With Quote