Unread 06-26-2010, 11:08 PM   #1643
AdoraB

Name of Commissioner
Black Moon Cosplay

Website/C.com gallery
http://blackmooncosplay.webs.com/

Character commissioned and series/video game
One Princess Jasmine wig (Disney Movie)

Timeline (how long your order took to process)
I ordered it in early March 2010 by the deadline for May 20th, 2010. However, I had to send a reminder e-mail on the 21st of May when I had not heard from the commissioner and no wig had arrived. It was rush ordered after that and made it to me on the 26th-- one day before the convention I needed it for.

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments:
Initially I had three different commissioners in mind; I ended up choosing Black Moon Cosplay because of the low price ($150 where others had quoted $250 and up).

I was very unhappy with the quality of the styling; the wig fiber was a cheaper kanekalon, but I was okay with that due to the relatively low price.

The e-mail sent to me: "When in the box during shipping, the hair might shift around the puffs. All you gotta do is gently spread them out over the cotton batting thats in them. Just spray them with hair spray after. That'll give them a good hold to stay in place"

The wig was filled out with white cottons balls loosely tied into a ball with black thread. After spending a half hour trying to cover and reshape the wig hair around the balls, I proceeded to remove all of the cotton in the ponytail as the white cotton was still visible and cobwebby. I only kept the cotton in the front roll over bangs (Cotton still visible in photos of this wig after many pins and hairsprayings!)

After that, I had my friend restyle and tie the wig. This process took over 45 minutes. Had I known the wig would come styled in such a haphazard way, I would have purchased a wig of comparable length for $85.00 and styled it myself.

Instead of using loose, small cotton balls, 4" styrofoam balls painted black would have been a much less cumbersome and hidden way to hold the shape of this wig, IMHO.

You get what you pay for with this commissioner, nothing more. Give them more time than the deadline they self impose and maybe it will turn out better.

Final Grade:
C-
AdoraB is offline   Reply With Quote