View Single Post
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:15 PM   #1657
MilkyJezzy

Name of Merchant: CosplayStation

Item purchased (please include quantity): 1 Tao Ren (Shaman King) Wig (Pics in listing- 1, 2, 3, 4)

Links to picture(s) of your received item: 1, 2, 3,

Timeline (how long your order took to process): Paid Feb 15, received March 20.

Describe your Experience: It started out simple enough, but what I noticed was that there was no communication until I messaged them to see where the wig was. They shipped it out after I messaged them. It took 9 days to get here. When it did, the wig was in a cellofane bag in a HUGE box, and packed with a few crumpled balls of heavy paper. The wig was falling apart already. It looked nothing like the picture in the listing. That one looked stable and well cared for. Mine looked like it was done in an afternoon.

I emailed them, telling them I wanted either a new wig in the next two weeks for a con on April 2nd, or a refund. They refused to make another one, and said that I could restyle it myself. Wait, didn't I pay YOU $120 to do that for me?? They acted like they were being good samaritans by accepting a return, since it was a "made to order" wig.

Then they wanted me to ship the wig back in a small priority flat rate box, and I told them that would crush the wig, and I didn't want them to pull a fast one on me. Their response? "You don't need to worry about the wig being crushed during the shipping. We will reshape the wig once we receive it. Styling wigs are our specialty." So they're even going to reuse it on the next poor schmuck. The lack of integrity just astounds me.
And I now believe someone else when they said they outsource to Hong Kong, considering the time it takes to receive the wig, the Chinese manager, and the lack of quality. The price is just jacked up.

They did refund me. Someone else has left feedback that they ordered the same wig and received it fine, but I really wonder about that. Wouldn't you try to defend your product if you really believe in it that much? I say stay away from them. There's no reason why this wig should have turned out as crappy as it did.

Final Grade: F (They don't get an F- because the wig, for the few days I had it, was soft and smelled nice :3)
MilkyJezzy is offline   Reply With Quote