View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #1659
BastNoir

Name of Commissioner: Cosplaycommish “Cosplay Mandy”

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/129492/

Character commissioned and series: Mey-Rin from the series Black Butler (requested the dress be black). Full costume including headpiece.

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: X X

Timeline (how long your order took to process): First contacted her on May 15th got my costume July 6th. The deadline was the end of July.

Describe your Experience.

Pros:
The dress fits great. The material is good and I’m pleased the white is thick enough the black dress doesn’t show through the apron. She was always super quick to reply to my emails and put up with all of my paranoid questions. I emailed her the 22nd of June to ask the status of my commission and she informed me she’d have it done within the week. It was done the 28th.

Cons: Mostly it was her manner of writing that put me off. Her ad in the classifieds was written out well but her emails seem like a totally different person. Which at this point I’m almost hoping for as everyone else has had nothing but good to say about her!

I was especially confused when I received my costume in the mail. I wasn’t expecting it from China. “Ohhhhhhhhhhh, i forgot to tell you that i am currently residing in shanghai! Lollllllllll”

The way the dress was shipped resulted in a lot of wrinkles and various pieces sitting strangely. Nothing that can’t be fixed (hopefully).

The only real problem I have with the costume itself is that the dress fits perfectly but the apron is too big. I’ll just fix this with a few pins but it makes the velcro that holds it shut and snaps that keep the straps in place useless. I'm really hoping I'm able to take them off an move them to a better position myself.

Comments: Overall I am happy with the dress and will be wearing it to multiple conventions. I'll admit I'm a huge perfectionist when it comes to accuracy so I left those tiny points out of my review as they wouldn't really matter to other people. It's mostly just small discrepancies with the back of the apron and the sleeves. Nothing huge.

I’m a little disappointed that in my search for a commissioner here in the US I again ended up with another costume from China. Nothing against it but.. Obviously not my first choice.

I love the costume and it got here super fast but I may shop around some more before settling on her again. All in all the experience wasn't so bad that I'd never work with her again. She'll definitely be on my list of contacts the next time I am in need of a costume.

Final Grade: B