View Single Post
Unread 07-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #1674
MajesticLunacy
Commissions & College

Quote:
Originally Posted by happii_ami View Post
Name of Commissioner: Ger / chou-wa comissions / cachalot on cosplay.com
Website/C.com gallery: http://seventhmoon.org/cosplay/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Prop, Dead Fantasy Rinoa Heartilly's gunblade Vanishing Star
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://gerodere.deviantart.com/#/d2sgo79
(Sorry my camera is broken at the moment.)
Timeline (how long your order took to process): E-mailed her my commission request on April 4 and received the prop July 1.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments. I met her at Anime Boston with her booth at the Artist Alley and immediately fell in love with her works when I flipped through pictures of them. A few days later, I contacted her with my commission request about the gunblade I wanted her to make and she drew up a contract that we both had to sign stating the terms, conditions, etc. This was my first commission so her drawing up a contract really impressed me: it told me that she was serious about my request.

She was able to split the payment up in installments which made it MUCH easier for me. She responded to her e-mails VERY fast -- sometimes the same day or a day later. Communicating with her was great -- she seemed really really nice in her e-mails! She even showed me progress pictures in her Flickr, which made me excited every time I see a new picture of my gunblade. She's a really nice girl when I met up with her in person to pick up my gunblade and pay her the rest of the payment since we live close to each other. When I picked it up, I was SO happy! It looked just like Montyoum's design! So detailed and everything! I really died in the inside when I saw it in person. No, seriously. Overall, I had a REALLY great experience working with her! I LOVED IT!

Pros: Great communication, fast responses, flexible, nice, AMAZING work and details on the prop -- looks just like the original!

Cons: None at all!

Final Grade: A+ I DEFINITELY recommend her if you need any props made! I had an amazing experience and she's definitely my soul prop commissioner if I need any prop made!
Not that I'm biased or anything , but Ger is a friend/cosplay group member of mine and she's awesome. I actually found and fell in love with her stuff a good year before I knew I was cosplaying with her. I haven't gotten anything from her yet, but next time I need something I will.
MajesticLunacy is offline   Reply With Quote