View Single Post
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #30
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsumanne View Post
PS: sorry supergeekgirl, my knowledge is pretty much limited to the German side of things, but I do know that with some exception, most US and Soviet uniforms weren't made of wool. Winter coats sure, and some US units wore wool pants, but most items were of a different material. The standard Soviet combat uniform is actually this really really thin material, no idea what it's made of though.
Darn. I'm going to have to find some old uniforms myself. I'm doing dress uniforms. I'm thinking NKVD for the Soviet uniform, and I'm not sure what to choose for the U.S. uniform (but it would be a woman's uniform). My guess at wool is made entirely on Vietnam-era dress uniforms as the only WWII-era stuff I own is coats.

And I think the costumes will fight in just fine at Costume-Con considering it's the historical masquerade, and last year all I wore was military stuff except for during the F&SF masquerade.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote