View Single Post
Unread 07-27-2010, 03:04 AM   #129
SorcererSupreme
Man of Mystery

1) What Machine do you own?

I have a Brother LS-2020. Just so you know, I don't think this model is being produced anymore...

2) when did you purchase it/how old is it?

I must have bought it 4 or 5 years ago.

3) How much sewing experience do you have? (how long sewing, how advanced your projects are)

I have been sewing for ten years now. Sadly, it has been an on-and-off hobby of mine, since space and time affected my costuming. I make my costumes out of various material, so while my sewing skills are solid for 'normal' fabrics, I have no real experience working with odd fabrics; like fake fur or spandex.

4) what do you like most about the machine?

It is a pretty easy machine to work with. There aren't too many settings, and loading the thread is fairly easy as well. The machine is also fairly easy to disassemble and clean; as I found out due to a thread tangling mishap.

5) what do you not like?

The machine I have does NOT work with stretchy materials of any kind. for whatever reason, it won't feed through the machine like it is supposed to.

6) Would you recommend your machine to a fellow cosplayer?

A beginner or someone making loads of clothing that uses 'normal' woven fabrics?~ Yes.

Someone sewing projects that require knit, pleather, or any other highly pliable fabric?~ certainly not.
SorcererSupreme is offline   Reply With Quote