View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #1692
Veriun

Name of Commissioner: 2aplus2
Website/C.com gallery: http://myworld.ebay.com/2aplus2
Character commissioned and series/video game: Ventus from Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (whole costume)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Clothes, accessories, back of the pants
Timeline: 24 days (ordered on the 6th of July, costume finished the 26th, arrived at the 30th)

I hadn't heard of this seller before, but since they have only positive feedback, I decided to give it a shot... and I'm glad I did.
Pros:
-Spot-on sizing, at least on the clothes. The shoulder armor and wristband are way too big and the shoe covers are too small, but I didn't give them any measurements on that, so that's my fault.
-Same costume as shown in the preview, right down to type of fabric, shape and color.
-Very comfortable use of materials; no use of cheap satin or anything like that.
-Unbelieveably fast shipping! It says that items usually take 12-24 business days to reach its destination, but I had mine four days after it got sent.

Cons:

-Shipping price, oh gawd. 55$.
-The beige pattern on the pants are wrong; it's not supposed to be symmetrical in the back. However, it's easily fixable as I can just cut the excess away.

Comments: I'm very pleased with how this commission turned out. There was little communication, but that didn't bother me too much as I never e-mailed them anyway. The estimated time for their costumes is 15 days, but that seems to be the norm for most of them regardless of detail, and Ventus' design is like... detail hell.

I ordered a custom size, but like the slowpoke I am, I forgot to provide said measurements with my payment. 2 minutes later I got an e-mail asking for them, so at least that assured me that I wasn't going to get a pre-made costume.

What amuses me is, when I opened the package I found a tag for a wig from "Cosplayholic"... but no wig. I hadn't ordered any wig, either, so I have no idea how that got into there. |D

Final grade: A

Last edited by Veriun : 08-02-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Veriun is offline   Reply With Quote