1) What Machine do you own? Include the maker and model number please!
Kenmore 52 and Singer 403a, and a Brother... I don't know got it four years ago new it's junk
2) when did you purchase it/how old is it?
About four or five years ago? Salvation Army for 5 and 15 dollars. They're from the 50s 60s.
3) How much sewing experience do you have? (how long sewing, how advanced your projects are)
Um.. 8ish years.. some of my projects are 5 mins, some are 20 hours.. really depends on my mood.
4) what do you like most about the machine?
The singer is gear to gear - no belts. It is super quiet and slant shank so I have a good view of the needle. It does lock up if not used much though - bringing it to the shop. Whoever had it before me neglected it. My kenmore 52 although I like the Singer much more - the Kenmore has been very reliable and I hardly take care of it. I think I oil it once a year.
5) what do you not like?
How heavy the damn machines are.
6) Would you recommend your machine to a fellow cosplayer?
YES YES YES. Do not buy a new machine unless it is industrial. Stick with anything before the mid 60s and you are good
Look around craigslist, thriftstores.. garage sales etc. Sometimes you can get a good machine that doesn't even need any repairs!