View Single Post
Unread 08-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #60
harmonyisarine

I dressed in my Katara to run errands, since I didn't have to go anywhere (work or classes) where I could get in trouble for it. I even did my hair bun above the braid, even though I hate that thing. It was very fun and freeing, and I'm only sad that I didn't have more to do and that I didn't see anyone else in costume. Honestly, some of the venom against cosplaying other than for conventions or shoots makes me very sad. Especially coming from cosplayers. ;_; If someone is having fun and not causing trouble, why care if they're dressed like someone from an anime, game, or in jeans and a t-shirt?

Side note, the only thing someone said to me was a compliment, I had a bunch of people give me little smiles or waves, a lot of confused "Wait, am I missing something?" expressions, and only one outright mocking/judgemental reaction, and this was from obnoxious kids driving past in a car with too-loud rap playing. I gave them the same expression and went back to fixing my car. Overall, it was a ton of fun and I can't wait till my sister and friend are free to really celebrate this art.

Sorry if this is a bit rambling or disjointed or just generally odd. I had to treat for an allergy and now I'm drowsy. ;_;
harmonyisarine is offline   Reply With Quote