Thread: Gaining Weight
View Single Post
Unread 08-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Mimiru1618

Gaining Weight

I didn't see a thread out there, so I'll post it myself~.

Most threads I see are about loosing weight, well...I don't have that problem, I have the opposite. I struggle to gain weight. I'm 20 years old, weigh between 95-100 lbs, and I'm 5'2". I have never weighed 2 lbs above 100. Most people will consider me lucky, but I see it as a curse, because my health is indeed at risk. People say I need to eat more, that I'm starving myself, when the flat out truth is I'm a pig. I can sit there and stuff my face all day and not gain a pound. Maybe it's because that's what I'm trying to do...I'm not sure, but nothing works. I mainly eat chicken, red meat, chips, ice cream, I drink caffeinated drinks or water. I love cheese, and quiznos double cheese cheese steak is my absolute favorite. I love Chinese and Mexican food too. I do not eat a lot of chocolate, and I really like ravioli. Saying that, I'm thinking I need to cut down on the white meat and this is why:

My mother went on a diet and lost several lbs in the first week eating nothing but meat and taking vitamin tablets. She said white meat makes you fuller quicker and tricks your body into burning calories. It worked like a charm and now she's at her comfortable weight and can maintain it.

I'm not looking to gain 'omg 10-15 pounds', but I'd like to at least get to 102 and be a bit more satisfied, right now I'm at my higher weight of 100. I like being skinny, I really do, and I don't think gaining a few extra would ruin the costumes I already have, which were custom made for my waist.

No I will not take medication to slow my speedy metabolism down. Once it slows it's that way forever. And it can drastically change how that works, and I'm not willing to risk having a slow as Christmas metabolism.

So my question is, is there anyone out there with a problem like mine? And if so, what do you do to gain a little bit of weight to maintain a healthy look?
Modern Trap Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji

Possible Future Cosplays
Cross Marian - D. Gray Man
Adell - Disgaea 2
Flonne - Disgaea
Cosmos - Dissidia
Yulia - Tales of the Abyss
Lucrecia Crescent - Dirge of Cerberus
Lelouch - Code Geass
Mimiru1618 is offline   Reply With Quote