View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2010, 05:01 AM   #1737
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Classe
Items ordered: Vanille character wig
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: Flash w/ ref No Flash w/ref

Timeline (how long your order took to process): The order was placed through otamap and took about one week to process even with some restocking issues. Shipping was within Japan.

My partner and I needed wigs for Vanille and Hope and Classe had two character wigs that looked pretty much perfect. We'd never gotten "pre-styled" character wigs before, so we weren't sure quite what to expect... but the colors were spot-on (with two different choices for Vanille to boot) so we went for it through Otamap, our usual cosplay shop portal.

It arrived packed with my Vellsus order (for a Howl wig) and was packed in a carrying case, wrapped in a wig net and stuffed with a good amount of firmly-packed tissue paper with Classe tags attatched. It also came with a free peach wig cap, an extra hairnet and a heavy-duty plastic storage bag.

Pros: All of the difficult bits of cutting and styling have been pre-done. The tails and part are accurate, the bangs are more or less finished and the sides can be cut to frame any face by way of customization. All that really needs doing in terms of cutting is a slight trim to the bangs.

The 4,400 yen asking price is about on par with an unstyled wig from prichara or another of the mid-range dealers... and is exactly the same price as Charas' character wig for the same character (which we had also considered). In this case, we went with Classe only because the color on my Hope wig was better there.

Shipping was free (since it was a combined order through otamap) and the carrying case is a great bonus.

Cons: One of the pigtails had a broken elastic. It was easy enough to fix by popping in a new one. The wig cap is a touch big for shortshiek, but we can fill it out by braiding her hair just over the nape of her neck.

Final Comments: This is shortsheik's 2nd Classe wig and her first pre-styled from any wig dealer. She says she loves it and was only put off by the broken elastic, which was easy enough to fix. It suits her well and looks pretty spot-on for Vanille color-wise ~ both with and without flash.

Final Grade: A+

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~

Last edited by kiratsukai : 09-05-2010 at 05:19 AM.
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote