View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Malex
What the cabbage man?

NYCC/NYAF Petition

Alright, here goes nothing...

Hello everyone, my friends call me Malex, so I guess that's my name :3 I, like many of you, attended the New York Anime Festival at the Javits this past weekend; and I, like many of you, was incredibly disappointed in the quality of the convention. These problems, as I experienced them, included the following:

1. There were far too many people at the convention this year. I visited the site the day before the con and saw a notice that said that the weekend and Saturday passes were sold out. With the space they allowed at the convention (even though it was a MUCH bigger space than last year) was still too little for the amount of people that they let in to the convention. The lines just to get in were out the door, and the room to move around, especially on Saturday, was so limited that you were basically at the mercy of whoever decided to shove you around. Due to the limited space to move and the over abundance of people, I couldn't fully enjoy the parts of the convention that I did like. Which brings me to my next point...

2. The convention was, at the least, three quarters comic book related. Now, I don't know about you guys, but I'm not all that in to comic books. :/ Whilst wandering around, I found very few things that I actually liked, due to the fact that there was only three or four rows of anime/manga related things. That, and the panels and screenings were comic book related also. The only things I went to were Uncle Yo's comedic show, of which I could not see or hear very well due to so many people in one area; Mario Bueno's singing, which was great; the AMV contest, which I had to stand in line for an hour due to so many people wanting to go and limited seating; and the Masquerade, which I couldn't stay (and noticed that other people couldn't stay) the entire time for since it got really late and I had to walk four blocks back to my hotel.

I'm not sure if there were any other problems, if there were that any of you experienced, please let me know and I'll add them to the list.

I did NOT enjoy this convention at all since it was very hard for me to enjoy anything due to the sheer amount of people that attended. I hope that we can get some attention for these negativities that ruined our beloved NYAF, and correct them for next year.

Now cosplayers. Those guys are every color of the gosh darned RAINBOW.
Malex is offline   Reply With Quote