View Single Post
Unread 10-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
PartTimeProphet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujubee33 View Post

Fire Hazard? Its the Javitz center. I've been to other shows and cons there that had more people crammed in. Seriously. Construction, crowds, people complaining about lewdness. Its NYC. Seriously... NYCC took in 70k attendees last year alone..

But were those shows full of people in costume? People in full suits of armor, Trinity Blood cosplays, etc? Or people with baby strollers? Not to mention it wasn't just the people total, but the people crammed into the tiny venues. Did you see the dealer's room? The vendor booths really take away from the amount of space in the room itself, so combine that with the crowd and it's a disaster. I was in there with my friend who was cosplaying Seth Nightroad from Trinity Blood and I was literally knocked down trying to turn a corner.

I'm just saying that it should have been separated. And like many people have said, there are CC fans that don't like anime and AF fans that don't like American comic books. Why force them to share the same rooms? There should have been a more clear division if the cons were to be merged. Even though the AF section would have been much smaller than the CC section, I'd still have preferred that because I've been to SEVERAL anime/gaming cons and I have to say ComicCon fans are a lot ruder than normal con-goers, mostly because a lot of them are just slightly nerdy normies.
PartTimeProphet is offline   Reply With Quote