View Single Post
Unread 10-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #1798
Oniigiri_Basket
Fangirl Extraordinaire

Name of Commissioner: HelloCosplay

Website/C.com gallery: hellocosplay.com

Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Ayu Tsukimiya (Kanon); ordered a large coat

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: None, currently

Timeline (how long your order took to process): About a month and a half

Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, Comments.

In October of last year, I ordered a costume from HelloCosplay.com. It was made and shipped exactly within the time frame that was stated in the policy. The costume was very well made, and besides a few measurement issues that needed to be fixed, it was very nice and comfortable.
Last month, I ordered yet another costume from HelloCosplay.com, and have had what is literally the worst waste of my money in my life. I ordered the costume on August 20th, knowing from the policy that it would be here safely in time for my convention on the 24th of September. This was not necessarily the case.

After one whole month, they still hadn't finished my costume (the time frame stated in the policy was two weeks to make the costume, and one week for it to arrive at my house). After two weeks had passed and I had no e-mail that the costume had been finished or shipped, I emailed them, asking as politely as I could when the costume would be finished. I told them that I needed it by the 23rd of September, and they said it would be on time; that it would be shipped in a couple of days. After a couple of days had passed, I e-mailed them yet again. They said, essentially, the same thing.

At this point, I was very worried that my costume would not arrive in time. I e-mailed them once again, asking them to please check on my order. They e-mailed me back a day later, saying that they would check on the order soon. That was a major problem with me. I did not have time to be playing e-mail tag. Would it not have been better to simply email me when you HAD checked on my order?

I was at a loss. Thinking I was being too polite, I asked my mother, who had purchased the costume with her credit card, to email them on my behalf. She threatened to cancel the order all together, and, predictably, they emailed her back within hours, rather than the usual 1 - 2 days.
They said they had been having trouble finding the exact plaid fabric that was in the picture of the costume for the cuffs and hood of the costume. They then asked if it would be fine to use a different but similar fabric, and that if I agreed, they could have it at my house in time for the convention. Once again, I was not pleased. In the several emails I had sent them before inquiring about my costume, could they have not simply asked me then, rather than dampening my opinion of them and causing such trouble?

Simply wanting to get my costume in time, I said yes, to use the other fabric. I honestly didn't care if the fabric was exactly what it was in the picture. They said they would have it made in a couple of days, and have it shipped express (I only paid for standard) so that it would be here in time. Just happy that they were finally doing something about it, I let it go.

They shipped it in time for it to get here before my convention, but it only arrived two days before. It was an extremely nerve-wracking process that I simply did not pay $105.00 for.

As a side note, I noticed that something was odd. The website very clearly says "Deutschland Cosplay," but the package arrived from China.

I do not recommend ordering from this site. You may get your costume, but it's likely there will be complications and you will have wasted your money. Try to find another site.

Final Grade: D

MCM London Comic Expo cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Nagisa Momoe (Madoka Magica)

ALA cosplay: Kiki (Kiki's Delivery Service), Snow White (Zombie Panic in Wonderland)

2015 conventions: Anime Los Angeles, Anime Central, Japan Expo
Oniigiri_Basket is offline   Reply With Quote