View Single Post
Unread 10-29-2010, 11:02 AM   #1813
Stormraven24
Fear my whimsy!

Name of Commissioner: Limebarb
Website/C.com gallery: www.limebarbstores.com
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Tak from Invader Zim (human disguise). Wig only.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://www.cosplay.com/gallery/196222/
Timeline (how long your order took to process): Payment sent mid-July, wig arrived October 28, 2010

Pros: The spikes are properly placed and sprayed heavily with hairspray. The color is perfect! I was very worried about that mostly because they’d mentioned there had been a delay with getting the dye to take, but they got it just right! It was shipped on October 26th and I got it two days later. My first commission from them a couple years ago was shipped kind of haphazardly, but this time around it was perfect. The wig itself was pinned securely on a wig head, wrapped in a plastic bag, surrounded by bubble wrap and other packing materials, and taped down very neatly. They also included a black wig cap, bobby pins, business cards (which I’d asked for specifically because I still get compliments on my Kaya dress they made me), a small button, and a small bottle of hairspray. They also threw in a wig care card with instructions on how to put on the wig on one side and care instructions on the other; I feel that’s very nice of them to take the time to include that, especially for first-time wig wearers.

Cons: My due date was October 5th and it arrived over three weeks late. Thankfully, I thought ahead and gave them a one month window before the con I had planned to wear it to just in case something came up. I had gotten a bit worried since the last time I commissioned them everything went smoothly and arrived on time. A couple of my “hey, what’s the status?” emails went unanswered as well. With the wig itself, it is VERY short in the back and that always causes problems with me because I have so much hair that needs to go under it. That’s not their fault, not at all, but I do wish there was more hair there just for extra coverage.

Comments: It’s gorgeous! I’ll have to play around with ways to get all my hair under it, but that’s my problem, not theirs (my own fault for always cosplaying characters with short hair xD). The color, again, is spot-on and I love it! Even though it’s for a cartoon character whose own hair is much chunkier, I wanted my wig to be a bit more natural in regards to the style. Limebarb certainly delivered on that! I really like that they included the small hairspray, too. A little thing like that is what makes me want to return to a commissioner because it shows that they do care and the project is more than just another paycheck to them. I was a bit concerned with the lateness of it all, but that’s why I try to give a one month window for all my commissions.

Final Grade: A- for lateness