View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
Man in Red Hat
Is not Red Mage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Blue View Post
I love YoumaCon and the Ren Cen *seemed* like an excellent choice, but I won't be returning until they change venues. Its a shame, because there are a lot of positives about this convention.
I want to preempt this by saying I am not part of the staff.

Well, I don't know if you are on the youma forums, but this has been talked about extensively. With the size of Youmacon as it is (over 8k attendees this year), there is no where else to go in all of Michigan that is bigger and has connecting hotels (i.e. open 24/7 throughout the night). The Hyatt (aka the Fire Marshall), which I really enjoyed last year, would have shut the whole con down with the number of people this year.

So simply put, unless there is a new place built in Michigan, Youmacon is undoubtedly stuck there for a long time, unless it decides to move out of Michigan. Again, I'm not staff or anything, and this is all heresay, but many staffers on the official forums have said as much. Also, I think there is a contract for at least a couple more years at the Ren Center.

Sorry you won't be returning, but it seems you'll never return to a Youmacon again. You really should give them one more year to outgrow the pains of moving to a new place, as the staff is resolved to solving a lot of the issues this year (congestion, registration, etc).

Last edited by Man in Red Hat : 11-04-2010 at 12:30 AM.
Man in Red Hat is offline   Reply With Quote