View Single Post
Unread 11-05-2010, 10:48 AM   #1824
kiratsukai
culture shocked

Name of Merchant: Classe
Items purchased: Hiroto character wig (used)
Links to picture(s) of your items recieved: (styled) here

Timeline (how long your order took to process): I walked into the store and bought it

I bought this wig used through Mandarake in Shibuya (Tokyo) just after Tokyo Game Show. It was barely used, still in its original case and came with a black wig net.

It was a total steal paired with an Inazuma Eleven training uniform for 5,800 yen.

Pros: I got it and a costume for slightly over the price of the wig. There isn't much to complain about in that. For a used wig, it held up remarkably well. In fact, I'm skeptical as to if the original owner ever even bothered to cut or style it before wearing it. It was that pristine.

The color is pretty darned close to the character's and oddly enough, the wig looks really natural on with no gapping or strange lines around the ears or neck. I had a few people ask me if it was my real hair. It photographs great with the white and blue in the Inazuma Japan uniforms, too. The choice of black for the wig-cap actually gives a little bit of a dark gradient effect at the roots when styled in certain ways.

Cons: The ultra-bright color is SUPREMELY unflattering to just about all human beings. It took a lot of makeup to make this even remotely work for me and even then I look a bit pale, haggard and melty unless the light is very good.

It's a wee bit thin in the back, though it seems to be intentional and gives the back some natural lift. Just be careful trimming it any shorter than it already is since it will probably show the netting.

Final Comments: I dig classe. They have very reasonable and versatile mid-range wigs and the best color choices out there.

Final Grade: A

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote