The sky is not the limit.

1.)Name of Merchant: The Five Wits

Website
:www.thefivewits.net

Item purchased: Action Iced Demon Slayer wig

Links to picture(s) of your received item: Will update soon

Timeline
: About 5 minutes xD

Describe your Experience: They had a stand at Akicon (Bellevue,WA), so once I saw this wig, I had to get it. So yea no shipping involved which is really good. The price is reasonable and they were able to answer all my questions. I immediately tried it on once I got home from Akicon, and it's amazing! The wig is soft and pretty thick and I'm in love with it! I will definately order from them again.

Pros
: -soft/thick
-nice people
-great price

Cons: Nothing really

Final Grade: A+

2.)Name of Commissioner: scrubster

Website/C.com gallery: http://www.cosplay.com/member/47509

Character commissioned and series/video game: Chii/Persocom ears

Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: Will update soon

Timeline: Don't remember... Early October, received around October 20

Describe your Experience
: I placed an ad in the marketplace, wanting these ears to be made before November, and he responded. Out of all the people who PMd me, I choose him. He said it was going to made out of foam and with a white headband (which was what I wanted). He also said it would take a few days to make and would be able to ship it out in a few days as well. He even gave me a link to his blog which showed past props/weapons he made, and said that he'll update the progress on his blog as well. His props looked very amazing which also made me accept him.

A week has gone by, and I hear nothing from him, and no progress pictures. I PM him asking how's the progress. He said the headband broke so he had to go get a new one. Another week goes by and I hear nothing from him, and still no progress pictures. I then PMd him asking if I can get the ears before Oct. 23, he responded and said he was able to do that. A few days go by and I ask him how the progress is going or if he shipped it. He responds, apologizing and saying that there were a few personal problems going on, but he shipped the ears. I'm not sure if that was some excuse but I told him it was ok and I didn't mind at all.

Once the ears arrived, I was excited. But once I opened them, I was very disappointed. They were the right color foam, but I didn't like the way it was made. This made me realized why he didn't update anything on his blog.

Overall, I was very unhappy with the way the ears looked, I don't mean to be mean, but it looked as if it was made by someone with no craft skills. I ended up not using the ears and had to make some myself. I wanted to ask for a refund, but decided to just let it go. I will not order from him again :C

edit: A few days ago, I received a refund from scrubster and after exchanging a few pm's, offered to make a prop for free. It was really nice and professional of him to do that. He did mention something like 'Communication is key' and it made me realized I should have contacted him immediately after receiving the ears. I lack communication skills ._.

Final Grade
: B

Last edited by ShyShy : 03-13-2011 at 03:49 PM.
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote