View Single Post
Unread 11-20-2010, 06:27 PM   #14
Satine

Yes industrial is supposed to mean made for the industry I have a Rimoldi that's old enough to have no information on the web But it's a great four thread overlocker that zooms through. Industrial machines have built in tables and work very fast.

I have a babylock and adore it. I mainly bought it for the ability to do "rolled" hems in sheer fabrics as well as all the options between. It is also useful for quick ruffling. It was $NZ 899 but on sale at $NZ400 and it is very definitely worth the investment. It also has a very easy threading for the needles and loopers which is another factor to think about. My industrial overlocker is hard to rethread and to replace needles. t can be frustrating to adjust tension too. But once set up is extremely fast at overlocking. I can make a bodysuit in an hour with all the fittings included as it goes so fast.

Get a good quality machine with a warrenty of ten years if you are serious. You can also sew stretch fabrics by machine so long as you have good stretch stitches included. These start at a triple stitch (two forward one back).
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote