View Single Post
Unread 11-27-2010, 05:21 PM   #71
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolita*neko View Post
To be honest no one's going to come up to you and give you outfit tips. I'm sure you would've been much more put off from a girl giving you random outfit crit to your face than a few people not paying you any mind. I know I would be put off by it which is why I would never to it to another person. >_>
Although that one chick was being a jerk doesn't mean that all or the majority of us are like that or the people that were ignoring you are like that. I know at conventions I'm desensitized to other lolitas. I won't come up and chat with one unless I know them or I'm prompted to talk to them some how. I'm sure its the same for others - its kinda like whether or not your doing it wrong to some people its like 'oh, another girl dressed up all frilly.' - its nothing to take personally. I see so many lolis that I don't know at cons and we never speak the entire weekend; its no big deal. With that said, don't let one incident stop you from wearing lolita! Especially just because people didn't react to your first lolita outfit as great as you would've liked. You have to start somewhere.
I didn't mean to say i expect people to give me tips. Just not like, ya know, sneer at me because my shoes are wrong. If my outfit is so wrong, tips are better than acting like i have the plague or something.

Quote:
I'm sorry you see it that way... If we were elitist in anyway I'm sure girls like Meiki wouldn't wouldn't take their free time to make all those sticky posts to help out newbies and keep it updated. We wouldn't take the time to host panels IRL to help out others or come here regularly. I admit I'm fairly blunt when I comment here mostly, but I feel that's the most efficient way to post. I don't comment here to start drama, show that I'm better than someone or argue, I'm here to help out people who need it, share my knowledge and chat about lolita. Its really annoying to come here and try and talk or debate about something in a civil matter only for people to think your try to start crap because you don't sprinkle smileys all over. :c
I didn't mean to say EVERY lolita is an elitest jerk. I'm just saying that a lot of the comments come off that way. It seems a lot of the things posted when people ask for help, isn't helpful, but more of "ugh, you should know this already" mindset.

Its just a HUGE turn off to people trying to start in the fashion if everyone acts like they suck because they're new. A lot of lolitas i meet irl act like that, as well as people posting in here. If everyone were nicer and more friendly with the help, i'm sure we'd have less stories about rude lolitas.

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!