View Single Post
Unread 12-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #81
KamenRiderAgito
ハチコ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slapthefatcat View Post
I'm tired of being tired, but I still am too lazy to get off my rump and do a little walking. I know it's my fault, and I'm just tired... I blame my ADHD/ADD
Believe me, once you get moving, it wakes you right up. But I totally understand, it was really hard for me to roll out of bed when I first got started.

My solution was posting obnoxious sticky notes on my cell phone and DS right before bed. I use both of them as alarm clocks (which lets you know just how hard it is for me to wake up), so when I stumbled across the room to hit snooze, I'd first have to peel away (and acknowledge) the sticky notes.

They said stuff like "Oda doesn't care if you're tired, and neither do I" and "Attain the One Piece." Cheesy, obnoxious, and just enough to remind me that there is no way in heck I can have a successful One Piece cosplay if I don't make my goal weight.

After a few weeks, I didn't need the notes anymore. I get such a buzz post workout that I look forward to it when I wake up. (Though I do still hit the snooze quite a few times) And when it's time for my second workout of the day, I don't have to drag myself to the treadmill.

So, I guess what it comes down to is visualizing your goal. I looked in the mirror today, and surprise of surprises, I saw that I really do have abs. It'll take a lot of work for me to define them (ie: make the fat go away), but by golly-they're there.