View Single Post
Unread 01-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #1880
mosaicera

Name of Commissioner: Hello Cosplay
Character commissioned and series: Fate Testarossa (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha)
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: -- Haven't worn it yet. Reasons below. It should've looked like this though =__=;
Timeline: Ordered in mid December, received around December 27 (2010)

Pros:
~The time it took to make the outfit was fast ... (maybe too fast ...)

Cons: Ugh. Where do I start?
~Connection from the one-piece to the cape has a massive issue. When you try to move, it will unsnap on one side, and then you try to snap that side back in, the other side will unsnap.
~The third red line on Fate's outfit was supposed to have a golden connector. For the love of god, they used an elastic band.
~The second red line on the outfit had the proper "golden" piece on it, but it was cut so sloppily and sewed on crooked.
~I asked for two skirts; white & pink. The pink was made in the correct measurements, but was lacking some way to connect the two sides. For the white one they, quote on quote: "improved it in the original design,so that you can wear it a long time by adjusting the connector." Which was a total lie. I didn't ask for "improvement." I asked for same measurements as the pink, a velcro snap to connect the two sides, and the same design as the pink. Instead they made the white skirt like 2x my actual measurements, put a velcro snap on it, and said you could "adjust it" ... You can't ... How? AGH! -facepalm-
~The belt was nothing like the images, hell they made it so that it works with the white skirt ... Which means I can't wear it unless I totally change it
~There are countless other issues, but if I continue I'll end up writing a book

Comments:
~They didn't offer a single thing. I asked if they were willing to take it back and refund. Yeah, they are. Unfortunately, to send this piece of **** back would cost half the price of the costume. Not even worth my time. So in the end, I asked them to give me spare parts and the materials I need to fix up the damnable problems free of charge. The manager gladly said yes. So here I am, still waiting for my spare parts.

There are tons of other issues with the outfit, but if I any more I think I'll reach the stage of a heart attack.

Final Grade: F- (I'd give it a D-, but seriously the result was catastrophic. There was communication, yes, but that doesn't make up for all the things that are wrong with this outfit.)
mosaicera is offline   Reply With Quote