View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #13
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flora88 View Post
Okay, I just want to know, once and for all...is Parmesan cheese aged inside baby deer? Because word on the street is that it is...and I use a lot of Parmesan.
Urgh, I have never heard that, and I definitely always have a wedge of Parmigiano-Reggiano in the fridge. Since I'm a cheese geek, I looked it up, and couldn't even find any references to aging cheese inside a deer. That sounds extremely inefficient. Here's what I did find about the process of making and aging the cheese.

How they make the shaky cheese they keep on the supermarket shelf next to the jarred pasta sauces is a mystery to me. I'm pretty certain that's not real cheese (but it does thicken up a sauce nicely.)
"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote