Name of Commissioner
Website/C.com gallery http://www.limebarbstores.com/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.)
Jellal Fernades from Fairy Tail, misc items (Pants, Boots, Gloves, Undershirt) ---> (Back, full view of the character on the left of this picture
, another reference
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item
Timeline (how long your order took to process)
Around 2 months or so.
- The boots fit very well, the boots also match pretty well what the character has.
- Gloves are a near-perfect fit, they do not act as a second skin like gloves in anime does, but they're pretty comfy and form fitting.
- Pants have the baggy look down, the color matches under natural light (Not bright flash, like from my camera though), the bottom of the legs are made to go inside the boots and the length of the legs fit very well.
- The undershirt is very good for fabric & color, and I must say I find it gives a pretty flattering look if I decide to get some shotswith the shirt/cloak on (Those will be coming from another commissioner)
- Gloves are not lined at all, gives a strange feel to my hands when I wear them, partly my issue as I could have requested a lining for them.
- Pants are baggy, just like the character, but very tight at the hips. I would go so far as saying as it "molds my butt", it's a little uncomfortable for the male private parts too, but it's not unwearable. The fabric color has a vertical lining pattern that shows up pretty obviously under glaring light, removing the 'single color' look.
- The undershirt is strange, I'm pretty sure I didn't need the bottom part with the clasp to be able to wear it without pants (That wasn't requested at any point), it can be overlooked as it fits in the pants fine, but still a 'strange note'.
- Minor complaint on the boots, the soles are very hard, and thus make a lot of noise with each step.
With the iffy reviews and horror stories on LimeBarb, I had my doubts after paying for the misc items, it wasn't anything with intricate designs and was just to complete a costume I'm getting the crucial parts from somewhere else --- but still. What I ended up getting was much better than I though. The measurements are very accurate (Except for the butt-molding pants :P), the colors are very good and I think it's going to complement the core pieces pretty well.
I wouldn't recommend someone to order intricate designs from them (In light of all the stories), but it makes a great place to get misc cosplay garments that can't be thrifted close to your location. Communication is kept very professional, you fill out forms, receive pre-formated communications with the details. Questions can be asked, but progress pictures are strangely absent, although a database is available to keep track of updates on progress weekly, with, or without pictures (I only got pictures of the initial fabric).
As opposed to most other commissionners I contacted, they require full payment upfront, which is slightly off-putting (As I prefer going the 50% upfront, 50% on completion).
EDIT: Also, I'm not sure I agree with the shipping container, the boots where folded in halves in a large rectangular box with the rest of the stuff, everything came out in one piece, but the bulging taped rectangle I got at the post office was slightly worrying. I hope more fragile garments aren't given the same treatment.