View Single Post
Unread 02-13-2011, 12:16 PM   #382
Rander

I have the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 with the 17 mm f/1.7 and I love it. They are pretty similar cameras and the reason I chose it over the Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 is I already have a Canon DSLR and I wanted something more compact.The GF1 is not really compact, but it's a lot easier to carry around and it'll fit in a big pocket. With the 17 mm lens I can shoot in pretty low light situations with out a flash. You can also shoot RAW, so if you mess up the white balance or under/over expose a little it would be easy to fix in Photoshop, Picasa, etc.

The GF1 is ridiculously overpriced now since the GF2 is coming out soon. One of the differences is the GF2 may come with a 14 mm f/2.8 lens so it is a little "slower". I have not tested the 14 mm lens so I don't know how it compares.

From what I read the performance is similar between the two, so you should be able to get great pictures with either model.

flickr DeviantART

"Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for; it is a thing to be achieved."- William Jennings Bryan (1860 - 1925)

Last edited by Rander : 02-13-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Rander is offline   Reply With Quote