View Single Post
Unread 02-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #385
DavinDaLilAzn

In reference to one of the other threads, Am I the only one using a point and shoot camera for photography?, I'm currently taking pictures at all the Cons I go to with my Canon PowerShot SD 630. It's great for general pictures that I can upload to Facebook, Flickr, DeviantArt, etc... However, I miss shooting w/ a SLR and since carrying around 35mm flim's archaic I think it's about time I decide to purchase a D-SLR.

I know which camera I want, but I'm having trouble justifying why I should purchase it. I want to purchase the Canon 60D (~$1150), but the T3i (coming out mid-March, ~$900) is basically the same camera, but in a Rebel format and more affordable. The $250 saved w/ the T3i could be used on a second lense or a Speedlite 430EX II (yes, I know there's other flashes that're a lot more affordable and just as good or better, but I like to stick w/ all Canon when I buy Canon). I miss doing photoshoots, but it's been a looooooong time (5+ years) since I've been behind a camera seriously, but it's like riding a bike.

So basically, is it really worth it to invest in a new d-slr? I don't have a real portfolio, but here're some general pics taken w/ my p&s and some old pics taken w/ my 35mm slr to give you an idea of my abilities.

Thank you in advance for your help!

MegaCon 2013
Dragon*Con 2013
DavinDaLilAzn is offline   Reply With Quote