View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2011, 10:26 AM   #5868
erickste
Team Alois

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseHanabira View Post
I'm afraid I can't be of much help, I made a very failed attempt at using the Green Pepper pattern (didn't realize that my hip and waist measurements were way too big for the pattern until both pattern and fabric were bought...). I will say that, if you want to follow the pattern exactly, then you'll need your fabric to stretch as much as it calls for, but I think you knew that already ^_^; I don't know much about fabric, but I don't necessarily think that a stiffer fabric will make you look more 'shapely'. I think it would hang on you loser, but I don't think it would give the appearance of a different shape... does that make sense?
Yeahhh, I think I might be in a similar failboat. I've got some pros on this fabric: it makes me look ultra busty, lol. Okay, that's one pro. The cons: I've had to double it up because it's see-thru, and on the green pepper pattern, I stitched it backwards so that the armhole is the neckhole. I wondered why it wasn't fitting, and that's when I realized it's because I did it wrong, and that there is a seam in the back.

I don't know how that seam is going to look in the back, and I am really, really picky about details. I'm going to keep going and try and see how this looks, otherwise, I might just attempt at buying a leotard and building it up from there, because I don't have a lot of money to play around with. I am one to blow a couple hundred just on trial-and-erroring alone. >.<
erickste is offline   Reply With Quote