View Single Post
Unread 04-23-2011, 03:54 PM   #2022
cold.candle

Name of Commissioner: CosplayMandy
Website/C.com Gallery: http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd347/cosplaymandy/
Character commissioned and series/video game (please include if this was the entire costume, just a jacket, prop, accessory, wig, etc.): Freya Crescent from Final Fantasy IX, the coat (+metal arm pieces) and tabard.
Links to picture(s) of your commissioned item: http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/...s/DSCN0278.jpg
Timeline (how long your order took to process): I sent my first email on Mar 1, 2011 and received my costume on April 23, 2011.
Describe your Experience. Pros, Cons, & Comments: After having a really bad experience with one cosplay commissioner earlier in the year, I decided to try and find a new merchant who would be willing to do the specifics on my coat. Fortunately, I found this forum and quickly started sending out emails asking for quotes on how much I could get my cosplay coat done for.

Mandy was the first to reply with quote. She was also able to give me separate quotes on items I was curious about having redone. One really great advantage I had with this commissioner was the fact she already made a Freya Crescent coat, which really helped me in deciding which quote to accept. Even though her quote was not the cheapest, it was the most reliable!

I gave her the specifics that I needed (fitted around the chest, buttons for the coat, slit in the front and back) and I was very surprised with the results. It was everything I asked for and more! The coat is made with a pleathery material while the inside is made more with a comfortable, silky pattern. It's very well made, especially now that it has a fitted structure that can fit more comfortably around my body. The color of the coat is also VERY close to the color of my original hat, so there won't be any need for rendering on my part. I'm also very ecstatic about the tabard as well! It has more of a balanced and equal shape while still being able to look slim and fitting. Mandy had also added little subtle clips on the coat so the tabard will stay in place comfortably.

There is not much of a con that I could give this commissioner without sounding completely nit picky about it. My only concern would be the rope that is at the end of the sleeve because it's so thin, but that's nothing I can't fix. Even with how fast my commission was finished, I just want to say that shipping can be very slow. The coat and tabard were shipped on April 5, 2011, but the package didn't arrive until April 23, 2011. This is because she lives in China, so I would give her time if you needed to commission something ASAP. My convention isn't until July 1st-4th, so I was in no rush to have this finished.

Overall, CosplayMandy was very quick when it came to answering emails, and before I could even worry about the progress of my coat, it was completely finished. I really appreciate the fact she was not only able to complete my commission, she was also able to fill in my personal demands as to what I wanted specifically done for it. She is more than willing to work out a payment plan, and she can be very casual and yet contain a professional conversation within emails. I would highly recommend this commissioner for anyone who is willing to have a quality cosplay. ♥

Final Grade: A
cold.candle is offline   Reply With Quote